- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 75g broad beans, skins removed
- 2g wild marjoram flower stems (flowers picked down)
- 3g meadowsweet stems, flowers picked down
- 36 wild pea flowers
- 10g wood sorrel
- ½ small cucumber (about 140g)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 180g dark cherries, sliced in half and stones removed
- salt and sugar
1. The cucumber and cherries can be used fresh, but if you have time to go the extra mile...
2 (the extra mile): A few hours prior to making up salad (or previous day), peel cucumber then cut into ribbons with peeler, reserving the seedy heart for another salad. Place in a jar with the garlic and lemon juice and a good pinch of salt and refrigerate. Then sprinkle half a teaspoon each of salt and sugar over the cut face of the pitted cherry halves; cover and refrigerate. The following day, strain excess juice from cucumber pickle and mix in 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil.
3. On your 3 plates, assemble the salad in layers as follows: cucumber, wood sorrel, cherries, broad beans, wild marjoram flowers, sweet pea flowers, meadowsweet.