- 300g/ 4 medium sized cooked beets (home roasted is best but shop bought cooked ones are okay)
- 125g soft goat's or ricotta cheese
- one orange pepper (or 4 small orange peppers)
- black mustard flowers (roughly 80 heads)
- 6 heads crow garlic bulbils
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- sea salt.
- 3 parts rapeseed oil to one part white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper.
1. (Ideally) roast beetroot in oven at 180 degrees cut into even sized pieces on baking tray with any available fresh or dried herbs such as rosemary and thyme, with a splash of vinegar, a lug of oil and salt, covered with baking parchment for an hour or until soft.
2. Take cooked beets and cut into small (roughly 1cm square) pieces.
3. Cut pepper into tiny (5mm squares)
4. Break up crow garlic heads
5. Mix together all ingredients
6. Toast the pumpkin seeds in a pan with a generous sprinkling of sea salt until starting to brown.
7. Pick small bunches of mustard flowers off the stems.
8. Spoon onto beet, pepper and garlic mix.
9. Add small dollops of cheese then scatter seeds and mustard flowers on top.