- 2 sweet desert apples
- 5g dried dulse, chopped finely
- 50g grated mature cheddar cheese (or; plant-based version - 20g finely chopped onion).
1. Cut apples in half and remove cores. Scoop out as much of the apple as you can without undermining the firmness of what remains and chop it down a bit.
2. Divide cheese (or onion) and dulse into 2, mix with scopped out apple, stuff into apple hollows and close each apple.
3. Cut a square of baking parchment about 6 inches square for each apple; place apples in the middle, gather up the parchment and twist above the apple.
4. Place the apples in an oven proof dish, so that they are not touching, and bake for 1 hour at 180 degrees.
This probably works best as a stand alone dish, although the plant based version might paradoxically go nicely with roasted meat, or more plant based; with quinoa and herbs.