20g opposite leaved golden saxifrage
10g purple dead nettles
1 or 2 baby cos lettuce, shredded
100ml extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1/4 a lemon
Sea salt & black pepper
1. Separate the flowers and or some of the very tops of the nettles, set these aside to sprinkle over the top of the salad.
2. Blend the rest of the leaves in a high speed blender along with the olive oil for 30 - 40 seconds, being careful not to over heat as this could turn the nettles brown and create an unpleasant flavour, set this aside to dress the rest of the salad.
3. Wash the saxifrage, stonecrop and pennywort, picking out any woody or stringy roots from the stonecrop.
4. Slice the cucumber in thin half moons, arrange these on a plate or in a salad bowl.
5. Combine the wild greens and the lettuce and dress with lemon juice some of the nettle oil and salt and pepper, place in the bowl with the cucumber and finish with more of the oil over the top and the nettle flowers.