500g waxy salad potatoes
10g dried Atlantic wakame
1 leek, washed sliced into thin half rounds
15g three cornered garlic
5g fennel seeds, chopped
1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
100ml organic oat milk
50ml extra virgin olive oil
Salt & black pepper
1. Wash the potatoes and dice them without peeling into a rough 1.5cm cube, bring to a boil in a saucepan of cold water, adding the wakame and a good pinch of salt, cook until tender and softened but not broken up.
2. Strain and pick out the larger pieces of seaweed, slice into ribbons and put back with the potatoes.
3. Heat the olive oil in a clean saucepan, add the mustard seed heat to release their aroma add the shredded leeks, sweat for 3 minutes or until softened, season with salt and pepper.
4. Remove the fennel seeds from the stems and cook for one minute.
5. Add the oat milk (less sustainable milks are available!) and simmer for a few minutes to reduce to a thicker consistency, turn off the heat.
6. Add the potatoes and seaweed back to the pan along with the thinly shredded three cornered garlic and fennel fronds - keep a little back to garnish the top of the salad.
7. Serve in a bowl drizzled with a little olive oil.