4 tablespoons oil
1/4 tsp charlock seeds
1 green chilli
10 curry leaves
1/4 inch fresh ginger (chopped)
1/3 tsp sugar
20g 3-cornered garlic (chopped)
1. Soak the cabbage in water and a little salt for 15 mins then drain.
2. Heat oil in deep pan then add charlock seeds
3. When they crackle a little add chilli, ginger and curry leaves and saute for 1 minute.
4. Add cabbage, salt to taste and sugar. Saute mixing all ingredients well. Cook over a low heat, uncovered until it reaches your preferred consistency.
5. Finally for last minute add the chopped 3-cornered garlic.
This makes a great cold leftover and is excellent reheated the next day so double the quantities and take for packed lunch!