Ingredients (serves 3-4):
- 600ml water
- 200g peas in pods (or 100g frozen peas)
- 2 fennel tops
- 6 round-leaved mint tops mint
- 36 blackcurrants
- a few wild marjoram
- 2 wild pea flowers for each bowl
- salt and pepper .
1. Shell the peas (if using podded ones; definitely the tastier option) then put pods in blender with mint and fennel.
2. Blitz for 30 seconds, leave to infuse for 5 minutes, then sieve- or for a really clear soup, strain through muslin.
3. Return to (rinsed) blender with blackcurrants, salt to taste and a couple of grinds of black pepper.
4. Cook peas in simmering salt water for 3 minutes, allow to cool then add to broth/tea.
5. Chill and serve with flowers scattered into each bowl.