3 brown onions, halved and finely sliced
25g ginger root, peeled & pureed
50g garlic, peeled & pureed
2-3 green chillies
2g alexander seeds
2g wild fennel seeds
1 tsp ground turmeric
50ml apple cider vinegar
1 carrot, peeled and sliced thin rounds
1 parsnip, peeled and sliced into batons
30g sea beet
1 tbsp chickpea flour
Salt & Pepper
1. Cook the onions in the coconut oil until browned and caramelised.
2. Add the pureed ginger and garlic, cook out for 30 secs.
3. Add the finely chopped chilli, add all the spices and cook until the fragrance is released, then add the vinegar and bring to the boil.
4. Next, add around 300ml water and all the prepared vegetables bring to a simmer and stir in the chick pea flour - this will thicken the sauce.
5. Season and bring back to a simmer, the veg should have a crunch and be slightly undercooked.