100g white quinoa
75g black or red quinoa
1/3 cucumber, diced small
20g pine nuts, roasted to a light golden brown
30g poppy leaf
20g wild chervil
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
1 small red onion, finely diced
1/2 head of small cauliflower, grated
50ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Rinse the quinoa well in cold water to remove the saponin (a coating that can give a bitter taste), cook it in the water until the light grains have started to expand and show their ‘tails.’ Remove from the heat and give a stir with a fork, cover and set aside.
2. Take both the alexanders and the wild chervil, separate the leaves from the stalks. Shred the leaves as finely as possible, include the poppy leaves at this point, (this process is made easier by piling the leaves, rolling them and chopping them finely altogether).
3. Finely slice the remaining stalks. Add to a large mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients as suggested above.
5. Season simply with salt, pepper and dress with the olive oil and a good squeeze of lemon juice.