250g Butternut Squash, diced into 1.5cm cubes
3 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
25g Roasted Hazelnuts, skins removed
3 Yarrow Umbels, roughly chopped
10g Poppy leaf
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic followed by ½ the yarrow flowers and the butternut pieces.
2. Season with salt and pepper. (The garlic and yarrow flowers should brown and caramelise to release their flavour.)
3. Sauté on a low heat turning the butternut pieces every few minutes.
4. When they begin to colour, place the pan into a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes allowing the butternut to brown and cook through.
5. Meanwhile, crush the hazelnuts in a pestle and mortar.
6. Once removed from the oven, return the pan to a medium low heat, add the balsamic vinegar, poppy leaves and hazelnuts.
7. Cook the greens out briefly and finish with the remaining yarrow flowers. Serve immediately!