Ingredients for Rowan-Haw sauce:
- 50g rowan berries;
- 50g haws;
- 65g cooked dessert apple puree (simmer in as little water as possible until soft then push through a sieve);
- 8g roasted garlic puree (roast with a little oil at 180 degrees for 35 minutes then squeeze out of skins and push through a sieve);
- celery salt;
1. Pick the larger stalks off the berries and add fruits to a pan with enough water to just cover, bring to the boil and simmer for half an hour.
2. Allow to cool then push through a sieve (lots of pushing things through sieves this week!) with a ladle or the back of a wooden spoon.
3. Add apple puree, celery salt and chilli (to taste) and mix it all together.
- Serve with baked portobello, cashew cream, beets and wilted ox-eye daisy leaf
Portobello (or better still, field) mushroom: smother in olive oil, then cook in oven at 140 degrees for 4 hours if you dare….if not as long as you can.
Cashew cream: soak some cashews overnight then blend with a little of the soaking water (about 45ml to 120g soaked nuts) to achieve a houmous-like consistency.